The first draft of physical conflict is complete. Lots of small revisions, but the biggest change was the phrasing of the combat postures. Most combat is now in offensive posture, but defensive posture, special postures, and obstacles can thoroughly spice things up.
Combat rules are pretty simple, but there are a ton of tactical choices that can make combat very intense. Questions like:
- Which character should take defensive posture?
- Should you attack now or wait for your turn?
- Will parrying buy you time? Should you save actions for it?
- Does your initiative give you enough of an edge? Should you delay for a better init?
- How do you take on a better armored and better armed foe?
- Should you roll your damage/protection, or just take half?
The answers change with the situation. So combat is promising to be a very dynamic experience!